06 August 2009

Lovers' Diary - Hiedi Garvin

I read Hiedi's blog when it was blogspot hosted. All the posts are still there and they're worth taking the time to read. These days she posts to her Tumblr and it's a lot more regular. Everything she writes is effortlessly put together. Her entry into the Lovers' Diary is no different.


An Open Letter to Males


By Heidi Garvin (not a male)


Dear Persons with a Y Chromosome,

Hi. Some of you may already know me, most of you probably don’t. My name is Heidi, I’m twenty-four years old, and I live in Hollywood. I’ve enclosed a photo so you can see what I look like, or perhaps jog your memory. This will be particularly helpful if we ever met in a bar. I’ve had quite a few interesting encounters with your people and I was thinking maybe we could all learn from them. You see, from my experience (I can’t speak for others), there is a certain awkwardness that comes about when one of your type wants to express any type of romantic/sexual attraction to myself. Maybe it’s me. Maybe I bring it out in you, who knows? I’m a pretty awkward person myself, so this is entirely likely. At any rate, I’d like to provide you with some examples of these encounters so that you can NOT repeat them and save yourself and myself from more awkward and uncomfortable interactions. Thank you kindly.


Please do not tell me I have beautiful eyeballs. It sounds as if you want to harvest them and sell them on the black market. In general, it is a good idea to strike the word “eyeball” from your flirting vocabulary.

I know I have a cluster of freckles/moles/beauty marks over my right eye. And I’m very glad you think they’re cute. Heck, I’ll even tell you how my dermatologist told me they were fairy footprints when I was little, and that’s why I like them. But if you call me fairy footprint face, it just sounds like a third grade insult. Fairy footprint head is not any better.

Please do not ask me mid way through our first kiss/make out session toward the end of our second date how I feel about abortion. It may be true that you don’t want to shack up with a chick who isn’t willing to pull the trigger, but, dude, you jumped the gun a little on that one. Who even said we were going to shack up? That’s getting a little ahead of yourself. I think you said it because you were high, though.

Also, please don’t go to the bathroom and get high in the middle of a date. Thanks.

When I go to the bathroom and come back to find you right where I left you (the far side of the couch, away from me) it would be awesome if there was no sudden appearance of a small wet spot on your pants. This one should be a no-brainer. Please don’t jizz in your pants when I’m in the restroom, ESPECIALLY when all I’m doing is chatting with you while my roommate makes out with your friend. I’m only making sure you don’t steal our TV. It’s nothing to get excited about. CALM DOWN.

And these examples are just scratching the surface here, males. I know we girls, especially me, do some pretty stupid/weird things too. But if you try to work on these few things I’ve listed above, I will do my part and try to talk about cats less. Thanks.


Sincerely,


Heidi Garvin x

14 comments:

Barbro Andersen said...

If I sent you something in Norwegian, would you post it?

Barbro Andersen said...

Re::

Hehe, thank you so much for commenting and answering :)

And, I think you are right - no one decides which language the words of love should be written in. Thank you!

Love Barbro

Barbro Andersen said...

BTW: If you want me to translate it, I surely will - so that I can share it with more =)

Kez said...

Haha great post! Loves it :)

Skye said...

I snorted whilst laughing at this.

Made. My. Day.

Z Sattar said...

hahahaha.....a very crazy+interesting post...

D. said...

This one was great :D

Anonymous said...

Lol hilarious!!

And slightly disturbing!lol!

Kate @ Tres Lola said...

hahh this is awesome. i love her writing style.

Cat said...

Oh my, I couldn't help but sit here and laugh while reading this. I love that she addresses them as people with the Y chromosome.

Erimentha said...

your blog rocks : )

Hannah said...

haha, great post. i'm in love with this idea! definitely following! :)

Anonymous said...

i appreciate this so much! i love all of the lovers diary posts, but i especially like how this one was light humored. <3 bambola you are amazing for adding this feature to your blog.

kiss kiss

Te said...

Hahaha, this is excellent. Totally smirked out loud.