I am trying to budget better, but there is always something.
When it comes to the weekend, it seems as though the only things to occupy ones time, that don't include housework, cost money. Money I need to spend on other things. So what do you do? You meet up with your folks, and follow your mother around to do her grocery shopping.
Doesn't sound like much, but we always seem to have a hilarious time. We found a little "Right Price" store with a whole bunch of different, cheap food. You know, like seconds which are perfectly fine? 3 jars of pickled peppers (hehe), 6 different types of spices, 3 different types of mustard and $11 dollars later we walked out.
Mum's version of "Dan Murphy's" (aka The Toy Shop) is Kakulas. I've not been to the new one (Sisters) before, so we spent the better half of an hour just looking around at the HUGE variety of imported dried fruit, pasta, fish, spices, canned food, cheeses, meats, coffee... the list is almost endless.
And I hope you can tell different types of fish just by looking at them..translation please?

What store is complete without Ecuadorian Chocolate?

mmmm.... tasty
Some like it hot they say....how about a kilo?
Can anyone really be that picky about jam?
At times like this I wish I liked Turkish Delight
Can definitely afford to be fussy with Sardines though!
Pick a fruit. Any fruit. Now dry it. Now pretend like you did, and see if Kakulas sells it.
You think I'm joking don't you?
I'm not. I swear
No vegetarians allowed. This is my heaven.
Tuesday. 7.30. My place. Chocoholics anonymous.
ooh!! colours! Told you I wasn't joking.
Freshness, variety and quality.
They got the veins on the back of the orecchiette (little ears)!!
Thirsty?
I lied earlier. THIS is my heaven.
Mother Dearest and I
Yeah...there's still more
One for the vegetarians
A very entertaining morning
What store is complete without Ecuadorian Chocolate?
mmmm.... tasty
A very entertaining morning
2 comments:
You got sunshine?? How come you got sunshine and I didn't? Mandurah is so deprived. It's still completely cloudy and very, very windy here.
I will so take some of that Turkish Delight. Yum. And some special figs (you HAVE to ask why they are 'special'. I'm intrigued now)
haha I follow my mum around when she goes food shopping sometimes too. It is free and fun. Sometimes she even buys me stuff hahaha.
That place is nuts (or probably sells 50 kinds of them)!
Post a Comment