The movie was great, she let me chew her ear off about Tuesday & it was so good for me to have company.
Despite all the great conversation, listening to such a beautiful language & gorging on pizza, I'd have to say the best part of the night was when Amanda took me to the "girls' toilet". No, don't get any ideas, it was nothing like that.
She showed me the writing on the walls there. Every single toilet stall had writing on the walls. And I'm not talking Rose loves Jack. I'm talking love lists, banter, people describing how they're coping with "coming out of the closet", random stories, the whole lot.
There were sections that had been attempted to be cleaned off, but most of it was so easily read. It would have made going to the loo such an interesting experience, whether you just read it or decide to add to it.
These were some of my favourites...
I'm not quite sure how a gender can be "at" anywhere & even if it could, how it would be "my pants" is beyond me.

This was a word by word story. Initially, each new word was by someone different, eventually people wrote phrases.
I just loved the line :if only they'd give quiche a chance:

I can't help but agree with this one.

The love list. All the things people loved. A gorgeous idea.

Petticoats are very pretty. Even prettier when sung about by The Kooks.
Which would have been great to see live if I'd had the common sense to do something crazy on the spur of the moment.
(*no, I'm still not over that*)

I think from now on, I'm going to take photos of any cool scrawls I see written across a bathroom wall.
Bambola x
10 comments:
I work at a university and yesterday I went to the toilet where someone had written
"Lesbians are so gay."
Um...yeah...
I've seen many a wall art in my days, but they're never as "nice" as these. They're always mean rude comments like what Kez saw or Jane and john forever. If I ever find cool bathroom writing i'm totally going to take a picture of it.
i love this post.
but not as much as i love you!
yes. learn to be impulsive/listen to amanda you must.
hahaha this is quite interesting
I rarely see anything smart or remotely interesting written on the walls... this however proves me wrong.
The toilets are the same at my uni..or I suppose I should say the uni I went to, now that I'm done! :P There was even a protest group started against the painting over of the walls. But every semester they'd paint over, and within an hour everyone would start writing again :) Ah, uni life.
Oh my god, there's like, a totally..like..awesome, award for you, on my blog. You better like, go and get it right bloody now, ay.
There is NOTHING, my love, that I adore more than graffitied walls. I'm so jealous!
For those who have seen Jean-Pierre Jeunet's romantic French film, here is some background information and the filming locations of Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulain in and around the Montmartre district of Paris.
À bientôt,
Alexandre Fabbri
Brasserie Alizé
Hehehe, Did you g to UWA? I recognise that story very well :)
I hope it is the same one...
I'm pretty sure I was an avid contributor the the beginning of it.
I love the toilet walls.
Post a Comment