04 November 2009

The Dance

When there’s those thoughts you can’t help but think
The face that crosses your mind’s eye
When there's a person you think of without even meaning to
You're doing that dance you love and loathe 
You get the smile that appears from no where
and the inbox you simply must check on waking
It's that two step, do they, don't they, do they, don't they
That unknown grey area that you want black and white
Though the clarity will ruin the anticipation
It’s the most exciting part, which you can’t wait to be over
But you don’t, you want that dance to go on forever
That’s when the butterflies flutter about
When you spend a little bit extra in front of the mirror
When you catch yourself smiling to a screen, looking like a fool
And you feel a like a million dollars before you even get out of bed
You wonder if they read this, or that
If they think you’re writing about them

But you don’t know, because you don’t ask
And you won't
Because you like to dance


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!
We all dance at one point or another.

D. said...

I can relate to this so much it's scary. I love it!

Sara said...

I always think whether something was written for/about me :D