My Athena has allowed me to post this as part of my Lovers' Diary. If you haven't heard of her, you MUST check out her space on the web, Let's Fly Away Now ♥. I am so glad she is nice enough to let me share this. It's a very soft, very deep, very emotional piece. As is her style, she captures your attention and doesn't let you go. Athena is wise beyond her years and has a way with words that can't be learned. Breathless, pensive and utterly in awe of her talent. Now and always.
I don't feel as though it applies to the ones I love, and myself.
I feel as though we are infinite,
always alive and lungs breathing and heart beating;
simple because our love would be enough to keep us here.
In reality, I could die any minute now. You could die any minute now.
I've had only a handful of experiences with death in my life.
I feel as though death is a bit like the moon, the stars;
they are all so distant and unimaginable.
But, they are there, always there.
"I am a little shell containing tiny fragments of thoughts and ideas and emotions and love,
and one day the tide will be high and a wave will shatter me into a million inconceivably tiny pieces
and bring me back to the earth, back home."
In reality, love does not keep us here, on Earth.
It keeps us together, I know, I believe it keeps us always together.
Love is not limited to one world, one universe; it is immeasurable,
unexplainable, like the smell before rain, the taste of one's kisses,
the way you feel when you hold someone's hand.
Love and death are not opposites; they are more or less constants throughout our lives.
There will always be death, and there will always be love.
We will always be together, you know.
I promise you this, with all of my heart.
I'd find you, wherever we go after this.
(whether it be on top of the clouds,
at the bottom of the ocean,
a different galaxy, a different star.)
I'd hold your hand, again.
We'll be together, again.

4 comments:
I love Athena.
She is amazing and wise and so very helpful.
I'm so glad you talked about her because everything you said was true.
=] She's just ever so wonderful!
sanchez xoxo
Beautiful.
She's rather amazing.
Her writing really does draw you in.
Her piece made me think. Just sit and think. I love it when things come along and do that.
Oh, Bambola, you are beyond lovely :)
I hope you're well!
I'm sorry this is such a short comment - I promise to send you an email very soon :)
It sounds like you've had a rollercoaster week, indeed! I'm so happy that things worked out for you :)
Thankyou for posting this,
and thankyouthankyouthankyou for all your sweet words :)
All my love,
popping it into your heart now!
xx
Post a Comment