23 October 2009

My Week

Well well well... this week has been interesting to say the least!

[text heavy post]

It is now close enough to start counting down! I will be flying out on the biggest holiday of my life in 34 sleeps.


34 sleeps!!! 

I cannot believe it has come around this fast! Accommodation has been booked and paid for, flights have been booked and paid for, transfers between countries (yes, multiples!) are pretty much all booked and paid for, soon we will be creating packing lists.


This is an emotional/financial summary of my week (without the actual interesting Cuileann bit!)

Earlier this week I was a little discouraged (read: at breaking point) because my unit has now been on the rental market for far longer than expected & it's just not moving.




The initial expectation was that it would rent out early (August) and I could use the extra income as my savings for Europe. Clearly that hasn't happened. I've been panicking off and on at the thought that I might not be able to afford to go to Europe! I thought about selling my car as an easy fix, but I'd still need a loan when I got back. So I contacted my bank to look at either getting a credit card (legal robbery) or personal loan (still very expensive) & they said I might be able to top up my home loan.

*note* I still feel extraordinarily weird talking about home loans. =/ To quote Lethal Weapon "I'm far too old young for this shit!" */note*

The bank said my loan/security ratio was too high & it would probably be rejected. *cry* So I was back to contemplating selling my car...




Chasing up the bank, I explained that perhaps the extra income I would get from the house (when it finally does rent out) would help get me the loan? Their response was that they couldn't give me a definite answer without putting an application through and risk having it rejected.

Hopeful as all heck, yesterday I trotted off to the bank in the hopes of convincing the gods that be, that they should give me some money.


And you know what? THEY AGREED!!! =D I don't have to sell my car, I don't have to panic about my house being rented out AND I get to go to Europe. The major bonus, they've given me more than I need so I'll have a very comfortable holiday.



To top that off, yesterday I managed to do a victory roll in my hair, a different style of make up which worked and I went dress shopping! 

Talk about a rollercoaster! What a week huh?


10 comments:

Unknown said...

What's a victory roll? :|

The Snarky Narwhal said...

aw congrats!! i'm glad it all worked out!

Kez said...

I'm so glad things are working out for you :)
You must be so excited!
xox

Jaz said...

Squeee! Europe will be so much fun!

Sab said...

Ahh I'm so jealous!

Though I'm glad you've going on holiday! that will be terrific!

Good thing everything is working out. I'm so happy for you =]


xoxo
Sanchez

p.s. I loooove the first photo!

Sara said...

that must have been emotional! thank god it's the weekend! Sit, relax and enjoy the news!

Holly said...

Selling your car sounded a little sad. Good and good.

Heidi Garvin said...

Yay! And hopefully someone will rent your unit soon. Just so you can get that off your plate. I hope Europe will be oh so much fun.

Allie said...

Europe??! I'm so incredibly envious. Have fun, and take pictures!

And...I think I need to take that puppy home :)

Te said...

:) I'm glad you can relax and enjoy your holiday, and you're not forced to catch the bus to do so! Also, that dog photo made me grin hard.