25 August 2008

Decisions Decisions Decisions

















I don't think I can sort this one out myself, I'm asking for input...

I'm bored and alone, it's been far too long.Why don't you come home, it's where you belong.
- Keep On Walking, Scouting for Girls

I want to go back to Melbourne. Simple as that. WA has a long weekend at the end of September, I'd just go for the three days...I think.

I can afford it.

Pros
I get to see the friends I made.
I can have a proper weekend in Melbourne (I didn't take full advantage last time)I can see some more of the city.
I can meet more people.
I can experience some more (comedy nights, live music etc)

Cons
I'd be seeing people that saw something in me that I've never seen.
I've already been there.
I could use the money (tax return yay) to pay off my car.
I could use the money to pay for my ticket to Italy.
I could save the money.

Perth is gay, crap, boring, yawn, unoriginal.

I know not many people get to do it, but I would LOVE to call the airlines on the Friday arvo, and just book the cheapest flight to Melbourne that leaves Fri night/Sat morning. To take just a backpack. To rock up to the same hostel I went to last time and surprise them. I want to do it today...I just can't afford the leave.

If I were older, and had enough qualifications I would pack up and move there tomorrow... just don't tell anyone.

This is my dilemma. If I think about this too much now, I'm going to lose the spontenaity of the whole trip. Maybe I should just be patient.

Psht. Me? Patient? Oxymoron much?!

3 comments:

skgillespie said...

Hey - you live near me!! Wow, I thought no one else lived in WA. like ever.

I say go. If I wasn't pregnant and had bothered to get my tax return in early (instead of posting it today) and didn't have to pay for the boys flight from Melbourne to here in December I would certainly be sitting right next to you! But you have to promise to take loads of photos and post them on here for me to live vicariously through.

Daniel said...

I didn't know you could change blog names so often! Glad you loved Dark Knight. And as a Melburnian who has never been to Perth, I have to say we do rock. But I hear good things about WA too.

KIRAFASHION said...

Really cool blog! and I do love your style!

a kiss!
thanks a lot for passing at my blog,
let´s be in touch!

see you,
Kira