17 August 2008

My Week in Polyvore

I've discovered Polyvore recently, it's a rather interesting tool. Great for putting fantasy outfits together.

Also great for showing off outfits you're proud of when you've forgotten to take photos! Do I need to mention that these aren't my exact outfits, but they're pretty much perfect when it comes to the pieces.

Inspired by Sea of Shoes, I chose this week to wear a different pair of shoes every day. I used to wear one pair of shoes until they fell apart, and then get another pair to wear to death. As my shoe collection has grown, I've been able to stop wearing my regulars so much.

I'm actually rather proud of this week, all very different outfits. And a different pair of shoes each day.

Monday



I bought a $1 green and blue scarf, reminiscent of 1960's air hostesses, when flying was a little more glamourous. I just HAD to work it into my Monday outfit.

Tuesday

I have no idea what I wore. As strange as it may seem, it's true. The key thing is I wore a different pair of shoes. The pair I picked were the cream ones I finally picked up off lay by. They honestly have to be the comfiest pair of heels I own.

Wednesday



I had to go to an off site meeting in a posh suburb, so I decided to finally where my FCUK wrap dress that I picked up in Melbourne. I wore a slip underneath, and as the wind tried to take a good look, I'm really glad I did. Teamed with a bright pink & black top underneath, gave it a bit of a "not so posh" element which suits me just fine.

Thursday



I looked in my wardrobe on Thursday, and found almost nothing. The "office-y" stuff just wasn't working for me. I dressed up the purple top by wearing a long scarf and wearing a belt over the top (make sense?). The flat shoes were picked because I'm yet to find a pair of heels in a similar colour.

Friday



Casual Fridays. Got to love them! The top isn't right, I would try to explain it to you, but I would sound like a babbling idiot. One day, I'll be organised enough to get a photo of it. It's a gorgeous top though, worth every penny I paid for it. It's the kind of top that always gets a comment.

I've made some purchases and discovered some outfits...these I did take a photo of, and will be posting soon.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

And Te...welcome back. x

2 comments:

Penny said...

i really want a tuxedo style blazer, they look so cool!
love the outfits xx

Te said...

Isn't Polyvore great! Although, it really gets my shopping cravings going and that's not healthy on my students income! If your shoes are the same as the ones in your Poly's I am very very jealous! They're stunning! I don't even think I have 7 pairs of different shoes that are wearable..I'm how you used to be..I wear one or two pairs into disrepair then buy a replacement!
Oh, and thanks for the welcome back at the end..that was a nice surprise :D