10 February 2009

People are Strange

I know times are tough. I get that. People are losing jobs left, right & centre. It's really not cool.

What's not cooler is this....



The money needs to be spent. And you want to keep it for yourself?? I can understand why you'd want to keep it, I honestly do. In my immediate group of friends, I know of 2 people who have lost their jobs. I also have friends in HR, the department that has to let people go so the business doesn't go under.


But these people lost homes, family members, friends & pets & you want to keep the money?

Are you serious?

Bambola x

6 comments:

amanda said...

I think there's enough money to go round, to be honest. Something has to be done about the economy, so at least some of the money has to stay in the stimulus package. Diverting some of the funds would be good, but I'm sure the government can find the money someplace else as well.

Kez said...

Maybe those who are getting the package can make the decision. I bet a lot of people will choose to donate it.
I don't have much money right now due to my hubby's unemployment and stuff and it breaks my heart that I cannot donate financially (i can't even donate blood due to me getting too sickly and stuff).
I would totally give mine away.

thedrifterandthegypsy said...

i know!!!! this world is getting so crazy, sometimes it scares me. things are really changing.
xoxo,
Micaela

kaitlyn said...

so hard and so sad. the economy is in the crapper, and it doesn't seem like any answer is the right one. =[

Bambola said...

Amanda : You raise a good point. $950 is a lot to give everyone. Splitting it between the people & the victims would be a smart idea.

Kez : I'm not in a fantastic financial situation either, I really could use that $950. I would hope that somehow I could afford to at least give some.

thedrifterandthegypsy : It's amazing isn't it. There are always the good and the bad in any situation.

kaitlyn : it really is a tough one. People need the money, it's just a fact & that amount of money would be hard to come by again. Yet these people have nothing, it puts it in perspective.

Te said...

I think (I hope) most people would be happy for a portion of the stimulus package to be diverted to the fire fund. Perhaps ninemsn should have tried that. Whether or not they decide to do something along those lines with it, I'm sure that many people will donate a significant part of their money to the fund of their own free will. Can I just ask, what is with the random traffic lights picture? ;)