This needs to be said. Needs to be written.
Men/Women/Partners do not define you.
Your happiness does not depend on what you have.
It depends on you.
It depends on whether you are happy with who you are & what you stand for.
Until you can stand in front of a mirror, completely naked, and consider yourself beautiful (inside & out) will you be able to find someone worth keeping.
EVERYONE has flaws.
You can pick yourself to pieces. Go ahead. Don't like my feet, my thighs, by tummy, my arms, my hands, my nose. (These are all mine)
Where does it get you?
No where. By the end of it, you just feel miserable.
If all you do is look in the mirror and see the flaws, the only information you brain is getting is negative thoughts. If you don't like you, why should anyone else?
If you don't like your hands - do something about it. For me, it requires moisturising ALL day & sleeping with cotton gloves. I've tried & it's not something I'm prepared to do. So I've accepted that my hands are different to everyone elses.
If you don't like your weight - lose it. If you're not willing to put in the effort to lose it, then learn to love it. I'm an AU12. I've tried losing weight - but if I'm honest - I'm just too lazy. One group of friends are all 8-10 & tiny. I'm not tiny. I have bones, I have boobs & I have a caboose. I'd rather have all of those & the curves that go with it, than be skinny.
Your flaws make you, you.
When you look in the mirror, stop looking at all the flaws. Stop hating yourself.
Look at yourself as a whole person, that's how the world sees you. That's how the world loves you.
It's just waiting for you to LOVE YOU too!
Until you do (sorry to break it to you) you're going to struggle to find someone else who will.
I honestly can't say it enough.
When you realise how perfect you are, just like that, the partner you so desperately wanted may just drop by. What you may also find, is that when you do eventually love you, that longing for a partner might disappear.
Don't think "Oh how would you know?"
I've been there.
I was the chub, nerd, kinda odd girl at school. Wasn't given the time of day. I didn't really like me & that made me desperate for approval. Usually of the male variety. It meant that if a guy started paying me attention, even if he wasn't my type, I would convince myself that I liked him too.
2008 was a momentus year for my own personal growth, and after a number of mind altering occurrences I turned into this me.
And I like me.
Now it's your turn.
Bambola x
19 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
Great post! I so agree. I love me too!
I've had this Livvy pep-talk before... and it seems to be working. Just completing an interview for Vixel and one of the answers to my questions surprised me. I do want to lose the extra weight but now its a health issue, as opposed to a 'ick' issue. Thanks Liv-Luv.
I got with my long term boyfriend before I loved myself, but I do agree - self confidence shouldn't be gained from someone else.
Amen to that x
Most people I talk to ask me why I dont have a bf (prolly asusme Im a lesbian or something. whatever) and I just tell them I'm not interested because I'm not. I'm not ready to love myself so why should i want someone else to??
Thanks for a great post :)
wow, that's very inspiring! I love it...I've learned to live with my supernaturally huge butt and my thighs! I know all I need is to work out :D
Will subscribe again after "pay-day"
Nevertheless, I LOVE THE POST!
xo
Sara
Great post. I have too many flaws, but I really enjoyed reading this. Everyone needs to accept this; espesially me.
Thank you =)
I love this post! LOVE! And need, too.
great post!!
you'd be a good life coach
Brilliant post Liv! Love it....
Bambola, I like your story.
seriously, your outlook is so inspiring to women ...to the world :)
this is exactly what i needed to read today, tomorrow, and everyday. <3 thank you.
This is a great post.
I'm glad you like you - I've been reading your blog & I like you too =]
I hope you've continued to enjoy your growth in 2009 as you did in 2008.
Carly. x.
goodness gracious, thank you so much for this post. I am so grateful for it and for you for sharing. xo
hey, thanks for this post!!
somewhere i needed this...
Post a Comment