01 June 2009

Will it Matter in 5 Years?

This one phrase has gotten me through today. Life throws curve-balls, happy endings are hard work & fights with the people you love are part of growing up and growing together.

I'm not one of those people that thinks life is bunch of roses & there's always a reason to smile. Sometimes, there isn't, the world is out to get you, & no matter how much the sun shines & people tell you it will be ok, you just can't see past that big boulder blocking your way.

Have your pity party, bash out an emotion filled post or diary entry, scream, cry & shut the world out, it will do your soul some good. Once you've done that though, don't dwell on it. Dry your eyes, have a long hot bath, read a book & let it all go.

And if you're still struggling with that boulder, ask yourself this question, 'how important will this be in five years?' Be honest. If I'm honest, how my issue turns out will shape my five year plan - go figure!
Hope that helps.


Bambola x

13 comments:

Kez said...

I think that's a great way to look at it. I use similar rationalisation when I am going through a tough time. Sometimes the things that seem so big and horrible you end up looking back and thinking, "what was that all about?!"

jambam said...

oh wow, thankyou for inspiring me!
that's really amazing x

Girl on Tour said...

Very inspiring and to the point. I like your approach :D

Hugs xx

PS how good was the Baci word verification!!!

kittentails said...

dove dove.

i think like that too, i always think of even the crappiest situations as being 'life experience' and that you will learn at least SOMETHING from each and every thing you go through.

btw, i don't know if i mentioned that i got your letter. YOU ARE THE SWEETEST. mail is coming your way SOON! Love xx

Athena. said...

Thats absolutely inspiring,
and thankyou for those many lovely comments :)
I shall definitely have to look up that Regina Spektor song!
I do think like that too, and with what kittentails said; I try and learn from every experience!
Once again, thankyou for your sweet words and support :)
Have the loveliest day!
xx

pinkapplecore said...

I hate it when people say, "You don't have a reason to cry". Sometimes crying and getting it out of your system makes you feel better.


This was a really good post!

AD said...

Life is a joke. The only way to survive it is to find the right punchline. :)

Zmaga said...

Thank you for this :) I hope I will remember it when I need it.

boubou said...

Bonjour ! first time i come across your blog, so im gonna visit it now :)
well if you wanna be inspired by my collages or just dream, come and visit my blog :)
a bientot !
Boubouteatime xx

Lily G. said...

Ooo, thanks for your insight. Great words!

liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

- Renée - said...

Hey! You have an award waiting for you over on my blog! :)

Zeeshan Sattar said...

how important will this be in five years?... This is the most difficult question to answer atleast for me

paper-doll said...

it really is a good question. i'm always getting super hung up on these finicky little things that certainly won't matter later in life.