27 September 2009

Cosmic Love

These days I find myself drawn to darker, bass heavy, drum heavy songs, songs with amazing vocals. Songs that make you feel something, that affect you. Songs that create images, paint pictures. The songs that really get to you. This is one of the many.

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes
I screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind


The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out
You left me in the dark
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
In the shadow of your heart


And in the dark, I can hear your heartbeat
I tried to find the sound
But then it stopped, and I was in the darkness,
So darkness I became


The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out
You left me in the dark
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
In the shadow of your heart
[ Florence And The Machine Lyrics are found on www.songlyrics.com ]


I took the stars from our eyes, and then I made a map
And knew that somehow I could find my way back
Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you


The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out
You left me in the dark
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
In the shadow of your heart


The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out
You left me in the dark
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
In the shadow of your heart


7 comments:

The Snarky Narwhal said...

WOOOOOOOOOOO FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE!!!!!!

michelle said...

Love this! :D

starbrained said...

I love Florence and the Machine.

Chlo said...

love anything to do with the sky ;D
thanks for understanding that i needed to vent out T_T

x

BALLET NEWS said...

Great post - really love this ! Thank you

beverley said...

that's so beautiful.
c:

vinny said...

I think that's what music is all about; to make us feel.