17 September 2009

Lovers' Diary - JamBam

JamBam has a gorgeous blog called Shoe Box of Mine. She captures snapshots of the world around her, simple pleasures with notes of her life. It's a very understated blog, but that's what makes it so simple to look through, time and time again. This piece is much the same. It's understand and simple but ever so lovely to read, and read.

I would like to share something in your diary, because every time I try to keep a diary, I never end up writing more than five entries! This happened on August 8th, 2009. It's nothing special, it was just a regular visit to my grandparents' place to see them and my cousin. But that day did bring back some memories and I'd like to share this with you.


A Saturday morning,
I thought it would be the same
Though, a familiar tune
Twinkled in the next room

It twinkled and twinkled
Like bells in the air
I knew it so well
Yet it did not ring my own bell

Out of nowhere, she brought it out
Grandmother had kept it
For all those years
And memories filled my ears

I had long forgotten
That pink music box
The ballerina slowly spinning
Expressionless, not grinning

I kept quiet
As was the ballerina
I did not make a sound
I looked down at the ground

It reminded me of the days
When I was a child
When grandfather took me to the creek
But thinking made me weak

I felt like a child again
I missed those days
I felt like crying
But resorted to sighing

The creek,
It was once filled to the brim
The grass was as green as pears
That was when grandfather took me there

I threw rocks into the water
And tried to make the biggest splashes
Those moments I’d been missing
I had to stop reminiscing

My cousin asked me
If I wanted to go to the park
I agreed
And grandfather took the lead


JamBam x

2 comments:

The Creative Mixx said...

I follow Jambam's blog - it's quite cute:)

Janice said...

aaw thank you very much bambola!
i've had a long long break from here and got reminded i have a blog life when i received an email notification from you!
i hope you are good!
thank you once again, you are so lovely x