14 June 2008

No Need for Alarm...

but there is a growing hole in my pocket!

I am trying so hard to curb my spending before I head to Melbourne to...you guessed it...SPEND! It's just not happening. Thursday - I spent about $60 on coloured tights! Why? Because I need to wear them underneath something else.

Today, I needed (it's true) some slip on shoes, cause I only have one pair and they're a bit rat-chewed. So I walk into the local shopping centre, and find a small store that I visited recently. I found the coolest pair of yellow shoes for $4.95 (*yay*) reduced from $29.95. Bargain find or what!?
Then I took them to the counter, keen to get out of there before I found anything else to spend my money on. Only to find something
else to spend my money on. *sigh* See the grey gloves? How could I not buy them? It really isn't fair! I almost didn't buy them, but I lack will power. My reasoning? "It's going to be cold in Melbourne, I need them to stay warm."

I decided not to tempt fate and ventured back the way I came out of the shopping centre. Unfortunately, Myer, (the store I had to walk through to get out) was having a sale. Out of the corner of my eye, was a $15 table. I just couldn't resist. I found a yummy yellow scarf, once again, "It's going to be cold in Melbourne, I need it to stay warm."

The problem does end there. On the WAY to the check out, I spot another sale item. A gorgeous Mini & Mickey Mouse top. It's my size, how can I say no?! So I think to myself, 'That's it, don't buy any more! So far, you've bought shoes, gloves, a scarf and a top. You only came in here for shoes and you've got them.'

...apparently, my problem with authority extends to listening to myself as well. At the checkout, there, sitting, patiently, with a sign saying "BUY ME" are yellow tights...I didn't buy yellow tights on Thursday night...and they go perfectly with the top I'm buying. Oh! and look at that, they're also on sale! Another $50+ later... and I finally make it out to my car.

3 comments:

Te said...

I also broke the budget today! Your spending is totally justified as well, because it IS cold in Melbourne, very very cool..glove and scarf cold!

commonunity said...

loved your statement, "my problem with authority extends to listening to myself as well." need to have that on a t-shirt.

Super Kawaii Mama said...

Those gloves are killer! What a find.