Went out to dinner tonight, there are two things that I just HAVE to mention.
One - When Mother Dearest and the Big Little Brother decided to sit in the way of the heater and leave me to get the 'fresh breeze' coming through the open restaurant, I discovered that your head is surprisingly warm. You may look like a freak checking that your imaginary wig is still there, but that's ok.
Two - No matter how old you are, you are always old enough to go out for a midweek drink. I saw a couple that would have been well past their 60's, they each got a middie of Guinness and shared a small packet of salt and vinegar crisps. They sat there, a young courting couple, leaning into each other on the side of a small round table, engrossed in conversation, telling stories, laughing and just being a perfect picture. It was the sweetest thing I've seen in a long time.
Sometimes life surprises you. You've got to make sure you remember those days.
10 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment