05 June 2008

One for My Pa

After being stuffed around for the past six months we finally decided to give Foxtel the flick.

Tonight, they shut it off.

Without warning, every channel started showing a red notice saying we need to upgrade our subscription and 13-something-or-other is the number to call.

The real problem occurs when I realise, even the normal channels aren't showing anything. To give you an idea of the situation we have 2 dvd players (don't ask), a receiver, a set top box, plus the tv (which isn't the fancy LCD or plasma so it's about 60x60x60....bit of a pain to move).

This is usually where my Pa or the Big Little Brother steps in to pull at the chords and the different units, do something else for a few minutes and 'voila' we have entertainment.

Second problem. Pa is over east working and Big Little Brother is also out working. Do you think I'm going to sit around and wait? I have brain cells to kill!

The above image is the first attempt at recovery, screening all the channels for some sort of input...as you can see 00 stations found. Now that's an encouraging sign.

I understand the theory behind how the system is supposed to work, so we (read "I") dragged the TV forward, got behind everything, pulled and pushed and switched. Twenty minutes later...we had sound. In another ten minutes, we had vision too!

My prize? Realising that as annoying as Foxtel was, it STILL has more choice and entertainment than the five channels on free-to-air television. Here's to killing brain cells.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Funny story really, I wake up at 9 this morning and start freaking out thinking to myself "OMG, the NBA finals start @ 9, Im missing it, quick quick get up!!!" And I did, I got outta bed, raced into the lounge, turned on the TV only to be the most disappointed big little brother you've ever had. Stupid f***ing FOXTEL!!!!!