Not a whole lot to report on over the weekend, it was rather uneventful. The biggest event was the walk I completed around the River. Starting at South Perth, Mother Dearest, D and I walked up over the Narrows, all the way across the north foreshore, back over the Causeway to where we started. It took us an hour and twenty five minutes, and the total, (according to Padre's fancy GPS watch gizmo [he ran the distance]) was 9.28kms.
This may not seem like much, but I'm Miss UNfit. I don't walk, don't excercise, and I'm just genreally lazy. I realised though, I'm not as unfit as I thought, I was a little tired at the end of the walk, but not dead, as the folks thought I might be.
Between us three girls, we have decided to participate in the City to Surf that's held at the end of August. It's a 12km "track" that starts in the city, and ends up at Floreat Beach. I'm not sure of the exact path, but it's got a few hills and things.
This means we have six weeks to train. I'm not going to become a fitness freak, but I would like to see how fast I can do it.
I was actually quite proud of my run, and even putting the joggers and "walking clothes" on, made me feel healthier.
So the plan is, for every Sunday to do the river walk, I'd rather not walk in my area just because it's a little boring, but I'll be house sitting again soon and that area is a little nicer. Good for a change of scenery.
I'll keep you posted.
2 comments:
wow, nice blog!
and thanks for the lovely comment ^^
xoxo
hidzume.blogspot.com
Hey, just wanted chime in here- you would be surprised at the level of fitness you can attain with just small daily training. I have seen it-and done it. As a long time smoker I signed up for a marathon, quit smoking (obviously) and ran a training schedule for almost 6 months. I did it! This was a large scale change, but imagine how much easier a small one can be! And, after a while, you really start to enjoy it! you just have to find the right mental perspective, get in "the Zone" as it were. Good luck, and try to make it fun, something to look forward to!
Post a Comment