I no longer have to sound like some bozo who is a pushover for the music industry that will eat up anything put in front of them.
The story goes…
Because my Padre loves me oh so much, when I asked him, if I could join the 21st century, be a spoilt (spoiled?) child for a change and have him buy me an iPod, he obligingly agreed. (It took me half the day to realize he wasn’t even joking! And at this point I really had to stop asking if he was serious as he was likely to change his mind.)
Playing with my new toy, I upload part of our extensive library of songs. The range of songs is nigh on embarrassing…
The Angels, Akon, Arctic Monkeys, Babybird, Billy Joel, Bond, Camille Cat Empire… Coldplay, JT, Timbaland, Brand New Heavies, Maroon 5, Mars Volta… Savage Garden, Sting, U2, 4 Non Blondes…
As you can see, it’s a rather eclectic combination. I’ve always had music taste like that.
The thing that struck me as strange though, is the list of artists I play on rotation at work.
1 - Kate Nash
2 - The Matches
3 - The Wombats
4 - Stellar Kart
5 - Jason Mraz
6 - Paolo Nutini
7 - The Kooks
In almost that order too, now obviously I mix other albums in there, the other day it was Savage Garden, Everything but the Girl, Coldplay.
It is COMPLETE news to me that I like brit/pop/rock, I know some of the list doesn’t fit in that category but 1, 2, 3, 6, and 7 are… if you do the math... that’s more than HALF!! *shock*
Every time someone has asked me, “So what kind of music are you into?” My answer has always been “Oh, pretty much anything that’s on commercial radio”. *douchebag-alert* I’ve always hated saying it, (even though it’s 90% true) and NOW I don’t have to.
I feel like this is an important milestone in my life. I have finally gotten to know the inner me.
And she’s a BRIT!!!
P.S. Does anyone else find Paolo Nutini hot in the strangest, geekiest kind of way? Or is it just me?
P.P.S. I did have a mosaic of a whole bunch of album covers of Brit Pop Rock artists but I hit the "back" button instead of the "edit" button. No pictures today. =(
25 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Haha, nice music taste my dear. Especially Kate, Paolo and the Kooks. Oh, and I find Paolo extremely sexy, but not in a geeky way..in a ' my god that boy is sexy can I rip his clothes off right now' kind of way..yeah I have a thing for Scottish Italians.
ps. Glad you like SFG. You should listen to some more good English stuff like, The Bravery, Athlete and Razorlight.
Nice one on finding your musical soul. Though I should point out that the Matches aren't British.
i love kate, and JASON MRAZ! i'm seeing him tomorrow night, soooooo excited :]
oh, you live in perth! i hadn't got that far, haha. and i see you're doing the city to surf you CRAZY PERSON.
but ohh i'm so sad for you about mraz :[ i bought my ticket as soon as they came on sale, i've been waiting for him to come back for about 3 years now, last time he played i was too young! i'm rather sad they changed the venue- it was originally at the fly by night, which would have been fabulous.
OMG !! u basically love all the music that i love too!!!
I actully love any peice of music that comes out of england... probally as i wish i still leved there lol!
Paolo Nutini is totally a sexy beast... i think its the voice that basically mealts me everytime i here his music!
yay for english music!
j xxx
Post a Comment