09 July 2008

Wet & Weary Wednesday

Happy Birthday Big Little Brother!! He turns 18 today, so everything he already does is now ok, cause it's legal.

I started getting that awful cold that's been going around lately, Super Kawaii Mama will know what I'm talking about. It started yesterday, and I just wasn't up to playing sick. I had way too many things to do to be bothered about being sick.

To make things worse, I got stabbed in the roof of my mouth with a rather out of place piece of glass.

You see, the story goes a little like this. A few weeks back, a small glass coffee cup smashed, not on the tiles, but in amongst the plates and bowls in the corner cupboard of my kitchen. Unfortunately, a piece of glass was missed in the clean up and got into one of the large serving bowls, and Monday night, we used said serving bowl for our vegetables.

Tuesday, I took the leftovers to work for lunch, the aforementioned piece of glass decided to come too. Half way through a mouthful, my "little friend" decides to lodge himself into the roof of my mouth. Half in, half out. So there I am, trying to flick it out with my tongue, not stab myself a second time, all the while still with food in my mouth.

After a VERY long 30 seconds, I managed to pull it out, I set it on the desk and just stare at it in disbelief. It was over a centimetre long, but it was in the shape of a toothpick, (pointy at both ends), definitely not quite as thick though. Needless to say my "little friend" went in the bin. The roof of my mouth hasn't recovered, it's still sore.

I'm just glad I didn't swallow it. Uhm...ow?

Anyway, I decided to work from home today and squeeze in a visit to the doctor as well as a blog, or two, depending on the level of interest my day has.



Hope you all have a fabulous day.

Love.

-exception.

1 comment:

Super Kawaii Mama said...

Ow Ow Ow! You'd better get onto that Irish Panadol one of my readers recommended. Whisky with lemon and honey I think it is.