06 January 2009

For the Record


In my latest Spring Clean I discovered an almost unused moleskin (the notebook kind) in my cupboard. I've already got a diary, and a second one to use when the first one gets full, so I decided to create an inspiration book - for my records.

It will be interesting to look back in the years to come & see just how much my taste has changed over the years.

It also meant I could print out all my Inspiration pictures from my computer. Somehow they always look nice physically, rather than just on the screen.



But what's an inspiration book without some words of wisdom?



What inspires you? What wise words do you choose to live by?

Bambola x

18 comments:

Tara said...

Those pictures are amazing!

Girl on Tour said...

An inspiration board works wonders too especially in a place where you will see it frequently to keep your desires in mind. Nice pics!

Nadine said...

Thank you for sharing those pictures :). I think I'm most inspired from people & stuff I see in the internet :).

Anna Pope said...

Thanks for sharing these amazing photos, wow! I was thinking about starting an scrapbook/inspiration book too but I just have not found the perfect moleskin yet :P

Stompface said...

rad idea, I save so many amazing pics to my computer. I have an inspiration board but a book would be great you could put millions in it! well maybe not millions, unless it is some kind of neverending book. oh the neverending story, oh I got that out on dvd this week! yayyy

michelle said...

wow, all of these are breath taking!

She's Dressing Up said...

Ive always wanted to get round to doing something like this =]

wildandpreciousart said...

read my mind!
I recently printed out some of my 'inspiration' folder at kambos (the ones that had big enough file sizes) and stuck them all over my wall. I posted that today too, but you beat me to it!

Love the last picture (words) and audrey in the frame. *yoink*

deep_in_vogue said...

those are some nice words my dear :o) thank you for sharing them, the pictures are beautiful !

Chloie said...

Those are beautiful pictures!

I love quotes and there are so many that I try to live by, but my favorite one is by Mark Twain "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

Anyway, there's an award for you at my blog!

Hate This And I'll Love You said...

I love the picture of the girl with stripy stockings. I wish to be her.

Anna-Maria said...

really nice blog and great pictures !
i'm also having an "inspiration book" and it really helps a lot to get dressed

best regards

cras4 said...

there is something to be said about physical objects, being able to touch something.

Jess S said...

Great inspiration photos, I can def see a pattern of your likes :)) Using the found book as an inspiration dairy is a great idea!!! and totally agree with having something in the physical is always more fun!!

Allie said...

Good point. I read it on many a bloggers' posts. But I STILL haven't got my inspiration journal together. I should get on it. Plus, I need to buy a new journal anyway. Eh.

Beautiful photos :)

Kate @ Très Lola said...

What a fabulous find! I stole a couple of your inspiration shots, agyness & gisele... great photos.

My inspiration and wise words changes on a whim but I use lots of my favourite words on the polaroid feature of my blog :)

cuileann said...

Love the pictures. I know what you mean about them being nicer on paper.

Jenna said...

WOW amazing post!