14 July 2009

My Future Life...

...will have a career that allows me to create things like this.


I will live in a cute, old apartment that has exposed brick in most places, large windows and solid wooden doors. The kind you can't find anywhere but on those hinges and it will have it's own vibe, the one you miss if you're away too long. It will be the perfect combination of form and function, shape and style. It will look perfectly put together, but it won't be really. But most of all, it will be mine.

apartment 2

Of course there will be a little puppy, that will grow up to be a little dog. He will be the perfect companion and so very well behaved. We will walk the streets and he'll know the route by heart so he's ready to turn at the right corners and sit when we have to cross a road. He will welcome my guests with a lick and a belly to rub. He will have his own little bed that sits unused, in the lounge because he sleeps with me. He will make me smile when I've had a bad day. And he will be mine.


Just near my house there will be an alley that all the locals know and the tourists don't. It will have a dark old coffee shop that will be my usual haunt. I will drink coffee and share stories with the other locals, we will waste afternoons in good company. I will have a 'usual' and the wait staff will know just what that is. This little place will be a home away from home, when I need to get out, but don't want to go far.




My future life will not be easy, but it will be comfortable, I'll come home and watch tv, I will throw my clothes on the floor. I will have all these things, not because they will make me happy, but because they will suit me.

This will be my life. One day.

8 comments:

Steph said...

This is really sweet prettyhead, I hope it all happens for you. x.

Z Sattar said...

My Good wishes are with u

D. said...

I hope you get all this someday soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow your future home sounds GORGEOUS!!!!!
I love that exposed brick look ....like the apartment in PS: I Love You (the only thing I liked in that film actually, lol!)

Anonymous said...

It sounds perfect.
Can I join you?

Claudine said...

Those are very nice dreams/plans. I hope everything happens the way you want them to be. Nothing is impossible as long as you have determination.

Anyway, I love your new blog! And you're really pretty on your pictures..

Anonymous said...

I love the writing style you use in this post! Lovely! And your future home looks nice! :)

Te said...

Your future life sounds lovely. I almost want a puppy, if only I wasn't wandering the world. I love the exposed brick look too. I've only been in my new house/town for a week, but the guy at the local cafe already knows my usual 'un café con leche?' 'Si, por favor' it's nice. :)