06 October 2008

Just Another Manic Monday

My work week has varying peaks of effort required.

Monday, it's at about 95% all day. Most Tuesday's its 80%, Wednesday the requirements drop to about 70% and Thursday is generally dead...30%. Friday tends to be about 60%, until you get to 2.30pm and it spikes at about 85%. And everybody knows, that by 2.00 on a Friday, your brain is half asleep, this may be caused by lack of sleep, putting in extra effort during the week, or simply the consumption of alcohol at an extended lunch.

Today, was 100%, after spending 2 and a half hours off site, I still had to fit in the rest of the day, I managed. Just.

Anyway, I didn't come on here to whinge. I just wanted to say that I did my first EVER successful Op Shop on the weekend. Two skirts, two tops, a jacket, a coffee pot with Cups & saucers (set of 6) as well as funky serving bowls for nibblies...all for the low price of $65! One of the tops needs to be recreated. I'm going to use the pattern of it and make some more. Very cool for summer. They remind me of something Rumi would wear. Actually, same goes for the other top, which is a vest really.

Also. After spending the hours of this evening browsing the blogosphere, I came across this.



Well, I didn't come across that actual top first, I stumbled across the tutorial to create your own. The ever-stylish Camille of Childhood Flames was inspired by the design and did it herself. It looks perfect on her, and I'm rather inclined to try this one for myself...seeing as we're coming into Spring/Summer here, I may just try it with a coloured tee, perhaps patterned? We'll see.

What success have you had over the weekend? Finish an assignment? Take some great photos? Win a prize?

4 comments:

we wear things said...

Ha love the effot percentages at work.. mine varies all the time.. but not always on the same days...
that top is quite cool.. though i couldn't get away with it.

-issa

the tea drinking english rose said...

i'm sure you would look great in it also, go try it!
i don't think i'd be able to pull it off, i'm not rock and roll enough.
sometimes i wish i was.

thank you for your lovely comment! smiles.

Betsey said...

i love that top. camille looks so great in it. you should definitely try it and keep us updated!

issa said...

aww thanks! i just think i don't have the attitude to pull it off :) sometimes i can be a bit conservative.. haha