22 October 2008

Sights and Sounds

That white blur

The shades of blue

The blend of greys

The small black dots in the distance

The strange shapes the shadows make

The mechanical creatures that blend with the rest of it

The silence

The squalk of the birds

The buzz of the flies

The thud of footsteps coming up behind me

The chime of the bell

My own breath, trying to invade lungs

The snippets of conversation I hear as they pass



The things you see and hear on your afternoon walk

3 comments:

sparkleandglitter said...

Very pretty :)

Ryanne said...

hmm the phrases, it was 2 years ago so its not at the top of my head, but I remember Bikki, Chuck A Mental, Dunny, Petrol Head, thats about it sadly. Speaking of wallace and grommit, that is crazy! Me and my friend are exactly like that, She's Wallace, and I'm Gromit! The story was, when I was little I called my sister a waddis, which is a word I made up which means a 'butthead'. So I was calling my friend waddis when she was bothering me, and her sister misheard me and said "What? Wallace?" So Now I call her wallace all the time, just as a nickname. :D

Betsey said...

ooh so lovely!!
makes me want to go on a walk!