06 November 2008

Are You Ready?

Well, it really has been AGES since I did an outfit post, so I'll make up for it today. I'm sorry?

Wow, a week. Apparently that's a long time in the blog world.

Please excuse the bad quality, they were loading HUGE even though I selected small, silly blogger, playing funny buggers!



I was just being an idiot in the last one, also excuse MD's thumb, it's not hiding much.

Also - how do you like the curtains? We (read: MD) made them and we (read, Padre & I) put them up last weekend. Just waiting for them to drop properly so MD can finish the hem on it. DO you call it a hem on a curtain?

ANYway.

Last weekend, I ventured into the city, a very rare thing for me to do. My makeup had run out and I was hoping to get some MAC makeup.

And I did. Just foundation and a blush. One can run into some serious trouble if you start looking at all the different colours and brushes. (Mineral foundation brush = $88).

I bought the Studio Fix Foundation (the Mineralize is more of a top coat, rather than an actual foundation). It goes on like a dream! I use a brush for application, it's lighter and more even.

The lady was kind enough to apply it all over for me, rather than do just a test spot. That way I could see how it went over the afternoon. Fantastic!

I've worn it for the last couple of days, and it does a much better job at giving you a clean all over look.

I bought the Mineralize blush, it's dark pink but goes on quite light.

So I took some rather gratuitous shots of it. I recommend it to everyone. It's pricey, but really worth the money.



What make up do you use? Why do you like it?

11 comments:

amanda said...

great blazer, & the dress is cute too!

Veronica said...

Very cute.

I used to be a MAC - Lancome girl. Now I'm more Shiseido - Estee Lauder woman.

Bold curtains. Yes, I believe it is a hem.

ginny said...

Great dress - outfit looks fantastic... very well put together!

GirlonTour said...

Love love love the dress. And you look great too!!

Make Up I like to use is the bare minimum (I hate fussing about). I like MAC powder foundation and Face Of Australia Bronzer over the top. Bit of Body Shop Liptint, and light blush and if I am really going to town maybe some mascara. What I am big into right now is Dark Red Nails!!!! YUM!

:)

sparkleandglitter said...

That dress is gorgeous! I'm a big MAC fan, though I can't go near the shop without spending an absolute fortune, so I try not to go in there until I've run out of something!

vinny said...

Very cute in that dress Liv.

Miss Tiff said...

Love the outfit! =)

...love Maegan said...

Oh, that dress is adorable!!! You look awesome!

I'm in love with bare minerals!

Writing Backwards said...

I LOVE that dress - it's gorgeous and you look stunning in it.

I use a lot of mary kay foundations, el cheap E.L.F. eyeliner (I go through too much to use expensive brands!) and Red Earth or Lime Crime eye colours.

nv said...

this is such a cute outfit, love the dress. I use mac makeup mostly for the face, i use nars bronzer and the YSL touch eclat and ofcourse dior mascara. i find them all to be good products, not thick or cake-y and I haven't had any bad experiences with any

Traytable said...

cute cute cute dress!!!

I'm in love with MAC Studio Fix Concealer... nothing else covers my flight-attendant eye-bags like it does!!

Even better was it was AUD$17 in SIngapore duty free :P