My trick is, don't use liquid eyeliner! *ta-dah*
Start with a slanted brush. I got mine from the Body Shop and it's absolutely fantastic. It's flat, about 1-2 mm thick, 1cm wide, and slanted.
Run the tap in the basin, and dip the tip of the brush in the water that's making it's way to the drain. You don't want all the bristles in the water, just the end. I know the above pic is blurry, but at the end of the bristles, it's black. Just that much, not more.**
Dip the brush in the colour you'd like to use. If you want a hint of a different colour, dip it in that first, that way it comes out on top. Some water should go into the powder, and it will make a little paste on the end of the brush.
You may have to do this a couple of times, to get the right depth of colour. If the powder isn't sticking, dip the brush in the water and try again.
Don't rush this part. Hold your eyelid flat with your non-preferred hand. I tend to start from about 2/3rds the way across and draw out. Because you're dealing with a paste/powder rather than thin liquid it will bleed into the skin a little and you it's a lot smoother. I find it's a lot more forgiving too.
I have mine quite thick because I wear glasses, anything thinner would be pointless. You can still do it thinner, you just have to work slowly. The more times you go over it (wet the brush each time) the darker/stronger it becomes. I usually have a hint of purple in mine.
Finishing touch. Mascara. Can I suggest a comb one? Obviously you'll use whatever you prefer to use, but the one I have (below) is fantastic at separating my lashes and coating them all. Revlon something-or-rather. It's got a blue and black cover. It's gold.
Eyes closed. No. Not you. Just to show you the finishing look with my eyes closed. Excuse random positioning of the head. It happens when you try to take a photo of yourself with your eyes closed.
Eyes open. Also excuse the random expression. I'm a strange one. Plain face doesn't suit me.
This way works perfectly for me. Maybe that's because I have GIANORMOUS eyelids... I don't know.
How do you do your eyes? Any tips and tricks for the rest of us?
11 comments:
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
As soon as I saw the first picture of the brush I *squee*'d just a little :P Thanks so much, I'll have to get me a brush and give this a shot!
great post, i've never tried doing it with a brush as i am pretty super-duper with pencil & liquid.. people are always saying to me "how do you do your eyeliner, it's so straight!" & then i laugh. haha. anyway, just wanted to say you look preeetty & also that you should get your present tomorrow, yay :)
this post is so usefull!! and you look really pretty!! btw.. you speak italian and thats cool!!i cant speak italian..sigh!
oya.. i linked you in my fashion blog..
xoxo
I use a brush :) So much easier to blend. If i want it to be super dark I brush on some black and then stick liquid liner over the top. That way if i smudge the liquid liner, it doesn't matter as much.
Hrm, i might actually wear makeup today. You has inspired me, you has!!
ooh thanks for the tips!! i like how you went step by step with pictures.
very thorough :D
you have a pretty face. i wish i had big eyelids.
i usually just put eyeliner or black eyeshadow on my top lids and purple eyeshadow to make my green eyes stand out. then mascara. i used to overload my eyes with eyeliner, now i think it looks better to be more simple on me.
Oh my goodness, how pretty you are!!!!
I love the way you look - so pretty!!!! (do i sound like a weirdo?)
Great post!!!
ps. i just gave you an award - go check it out:)
ooooh, great tip...I love it. You have great eyelashes!!!! lucky girl!
I have also been a fan of the brush. Fo' Shiz.
Especially with my Asian eyes. I have to coat it on precisely because if there's not enough of a smoky look I open my eyes and you can't even see it!
For my wedding the makeup artist had to do about 50 coats just so it would be visible when I opened my eyes!!!
I also just found this Revlon stuff called smoky bedroom eyes or something - it's a liner but it's powder and it's so good when I'm bored with my brush.
I've always been a liquid liner girl but after this post, I'm heading to the Body Shop to pick me up a slanted brush!
just had to say: you're GORGEOUS! :D
Post a Comment