If you are going to have a blog.
A blog in which you have a lot of writing.
Learn to spell and use grammar correctly!
Their
possession by a person or persons.
There
location
They're
they are
Weather
if it's hot or cold
Whether
to introduce two alternatives
Your
posession by a person, usu. one you are speaking to
You're
you are
I saw SO many errors on a girl's page today.
My first thought was,
"Oh, it's alright, English is probably her second language."
"Oh, it's alright, English is probably her second language."
Except I was wrong.
She was English speaking.
From Australia.
WA in fact.
We are not a third world country.
We have a good schooling system.
You have no excuse.
*end rage*
10 comments:
Haha that pisses me off too...except I know when I'm tired I can be guilty of it!!!
The thing I hate most is unnecessary apostrophes.
And seeing professional signage that is incorrect. I would NOT pay a signwriter who couldn't even correct my spelling or even query it!!!!!!
Ooh hope it wasn't me? I usually am a spelling and grammar nazi as well! I even hate text speak too :)
Hah, ok, I will forgive you just this once
i always try to avoid using the words that i can't interchange correctly.
I agree. I agree, I agree, I agree. What I find the most annoying is people who type 'his' instead of 'he's'...ARGHHHHHHHHHH
Another to add to your list might be: It's = abbreviation of "it is" and Its = possessive of "it".
As an English graduate, I salute you! There are few things that annoy me more than the butchery of the English language by people who really should know better!
Oh, and you realise now that if you make one tiny little grammatical mistake the whole world will pounce on you! ;)
totally 100% with you on this one ...silent rage :)
I'm more of a picture gal myself ;)
I'm so with you, but as Te said, you are now the target if you make even one little mistake like forgetting the appostrophe on the word "girl's" in this post.
With texting lingo making its way into our spoken language now, the road is only into worse and worse spelling in the future. Ugh!
Post a Comment