15 December 2008

Uhm... Oops?


What happens when you make a bad decision? Do you hold yourself accountable? Do you hate yourself for a while? Do you get over it? Do you analyse why you made that choice?

I made a decision a while ago not to have regrets, but to look at them as character building. I'm a pretty "good girl". Although I can be a hot head & pretty stupid when I want to be. In general, I do ok.

There aren't too many things that phase me these days. This usually means I'll do something stupid or out of the ordinary just to see if I can, to see if I will react. If I don't react, it doesn't bother me, if I do, I try to figure out why, and what I would change.

How do you cope with bad decisions? How long do they affect you? Do you choose not to have regrets? Are there exceptions to the rule?

I found this. I thought it was hilariously appropriate

Woman is rarely wicked, but when she is, she is worse than a man. Italian proverb

9 comments:

deep_in_vogue said...

Take it as a lesson learned and move on. Easier said than done, but wasting emotions on on something you can't change is not productive thinking, that's how I see it :)

Leigh said...

YOu have to rent it, its a bunch of short films and is called Paris Je t'aime. That short clip is by far one of my favs, and that quote is so moving.

This is such an interesting post, I feel a lot like you in that I am a really good person, but feel like I test myself at times, and know that all experiences are learning ones and I try not to regret anything, but I also know that I will analyze it to death and that makes me go crazy. And true, we all have to figure out what we can control and what we cannot, I trying still into my 30's.

Leigh said...

I am trying, (correcting myself) LOL

...love Maegan said...

Sometimes I really get upset with myself for acting a certain way or doing something that in retrospect just makes me cringe when I think about it ...and it will play over and over in my head. And finally I have to take a deep breath and just release it. But it's very difficult sometimes.

Girl on Tour said...

Ooh I love that proverb and I completely relate. When I left Oz behind 3 years ago, I was a GOOD GIRL too and I was tired and wanted to be a naughty for a bit. I have always thought I'd like to try most things once and not to have regrets either...and whilst I am on the other side of this now, I sometimes contemplate my stupidity but hey, I got to do lots I thought I would never have the chance to do and come out the other side....and no most of these things are best left unsaid tee hee

xxx

Writing Backwards said...

I'm pretty good now. I had my years of being very very bad and while I don't have any regrets, it's not a time I would want to repeat.

I like to think everything you do - good, bad, wrong, right - makes you grow as a person. therefore, even when you completely cock up you can say "That was really stupid. I'm glad i did that so I know now what a stupid thing that was to do and can avoid it in future. Also, i will have a good story to giggle at with all my friends."

Kayla Lane said...

I always criticize myself very harshly for my mistakes. I know I shouldn't, but I have the worst guilt complex in the world! My most common mistake is lashing out at people when I'm stressed without thinking.

I try not to have regrets, but I'm such a nostalgic person I always have "what could have been" syndrome.

I need to work on that!

Miss Karen said...

I've had quite a few 'interesting' moments in my life - anything really bad has been obliterated from my memory (perhaps not the smartest way of dealing with it, but it works for me) and anything semi-bad just turns into a hedonistic anecdote of my wild and crazy youth hehe.

Em said...

I also give myself a hard time sometimes, but sometimes the best things come from mistakes..eg. kissing Reece when I had a boyfriend :P 7 years later..it couldnt have been wrong! You're doing great girlie, much love :)