22 May 2009

It's All About Glamour Pt 2

You know that mood you're in when you wake up, it's that awful time of month, your hair won't sit the way you want it to, and absolutely nothing looks good on you? You just want to crawl into bed and hope it swallows you whole.

What you need is to have a few fool proof ways of helping yourself feel a little more glamourous.

These are the tricks I used to make myself feel better.

Tights


To be honest, then it comes to Winter, I'm terrible with shaving my legs. I sleep in too late, then have to have a quick shower so I can make it to work on time. Wearing pants gets really boring, so I resort to tights. They hide the fact I haven't shaved & let me wear whatever I like.

Even if you're wanting to wear shorts, denim, or dressy, just put a pair of tights on underneath. The range these days is so vast, you can wear anything you like. It also means your wardrobe during the colder months isn't restricted to jeans and pants, you can wear your dresses and skirts. You can still look pretty.


To up the Glam Factor - splash out on some hold up tights. Nothing makes you feel better than knowing you have some damn sexy underwear hiding under that plain office dress.

Rings



I don't have a massive collection of these, and most were gifts. I find they can get rather expensive if you buy a lot in one go. Try opshops though, they've usually got some really interesting ones, or, if you're the creative type, you can make them.

They are something pretty to look at, to distract you from what ever is bothering you, they force you to use your hands differently, to be a little more careful. It's sounds weird, but it works for me.

It's only simple, but it can help, you don't need to go all out, like the picture above, you can just wear one, it's what I usually do. I'm a strong believer in less is more, but you gotta have a little bit.

I'm actually away from a computer today, so the next & final installment may come on Monday.


Bambola x

6 comments:

amanda said...

LOVE that first photo, it's perfect.

i've gotten so used to wearing at least 2 rings everyday, but usually 3 & sometimes more, that my hands feel naked without them!

Sara said...

I never seem to keep my accessories :( I always lose them around the house.

AD said...

ahhh the statement!
accessorize :D

whatkatydoesnow said...

Tights = always a winner when you haven't shaved your legs!!! Funnily enough my flatmate and I were just discussing how you can wear more of your summer clothing in winter - because you can put on a pair of thick tights under a floaty skirt etc - than you can wear your winter stuff in summer!

As for rings, I love them, but keep losing them :-( xx

Anna Pope said...

I love tights! I am so sad that the weather is getting too hot here, because I have to a) find new ways to spice up an outfit and b) shave my legs more than usual :P

- Renée - said...

I loce the stach of rings! Cute!