Do fate and destiny exist?
Does the statement "what will be, will be" have any merit at all?
Are our lives predetermined?
Are we born to experience a fixed list of loves, heartaches, births, deaths, wins & losses?
Does the statement "what will be, will be" have any merit at all?
Are our lives predetermined?
Are we born to experience a fixed list of loves, heartaches, births, deaths, wins & losses?
Personally? I believe we are in total control, of our choices, of how we perceive our environment & how we react to the things that happen to us. I don't think life is predetermined, because no one is going to tell you the end game, you still have to get there on your own, and you still have choices to make.
The Christian upbringing in me, says that while God knows the end game, he allows us to make our own choices.
The statement "what will be, will be" is a cop out, an excuse to let life just happen. If you take the view that life is predetermined, you're being lazy. The mind set would be "Well, I don't have to do anything because anything that's meant to happen, will. Therefore, I'll just wait until it does".
from hereLiving this kind of life, allows you to blame 'fate', it was supposed to happen that way. When in actual fact, it was the product of a series of choices made by various people. How you react is one of those choices.
But that's just what I think. What do you think?
Do fate and destiny exist? Are we born to experience a predetermined set of loves, heartaches, births, deaths, wins & losses?
Bambola x
But that's just what I think. What do you think?
Do fate and destiny exist? Are we born to experience a predetermined set of loves, heartaches, births, deaths, wins & losses?
Bambola x

9 comments:
Had a really interesting speaker on missions at church not too long ago. He was like if you are waiting for God to tell you what to do, you're going to be waiting a really long time. If you can do some good, do it...don't just sit there picking your nose waiting for a sign. The fact that there is an opportunity to do good IS the sign.
I think that i'm here, and i'm only going to be here for a while. So I have a very short time to do all the things I want to do here before I leave. I'm going to try and make the most of it.
everything exists!
God His pre determined things and us.
some choices have been made for us but our journey is our take.
how we get to it!
weird beliefs each of us hold.
some we are proud of.
others we want to change!
for the better!
I think that what is meant to be will be eventually, and we have no hand in changing that, but then that doesn't mean we should be passive about it. Let's say if you are passionate about something, you seek it. If you have a dream, you pursue it, and so on.
And thank you for your sweet comment!! I am excited about the whole thing! We're taking it really really slow, we won't get married before 2011/12. So yeah! :D
I agree with you. I think that we lead our own lives and that what happen to us are based on the choices we make. God knows everything, so he knows our choices and he knows what direction our lives are taking by making that decision.
I agree with you. To say God knows what will happen is NOT to say anything about a lack of choice or possibility in our lives, but rather that he exists outside of time. Zat's what I think
And yes, you can't be unaffected by the choices that other people make, or completely free of your circumstances, but most of us still have a beautiful amount of possibility. To make ourselves what we want to be, to make our lives what they should be.
I think our paths aaare predetermined... God knows how we started, how we end up and what choices we'll make.
They're still OUR choices to make, mind you.. but he knows that we would make that certain choice at that particular point in time. He's not going to throw opportunities at us with us being passive, we need to work and dream and try and fail and learn... but everything along the way was meant to happen to us. I believe in that.
Oh, and you've been tagged! =)
I understand what you mean by being lazy and failing to make choices by saying 'what will be will be', though sometimes I NEED to take comfort in those kind of thoughts. In general, though, I do believe that we have to create the life we want.
Ha. I like the caption above your comments box. Totally adorable.
But anyway it's funny because earlier today I was just talking with my driving instructor about the meaning of life and what we were saying falls into this whole thing here you are talking about now.
He was telling me that you just don't know. Nobody knows. About destiny, about God, about the afterlife... nobody really truly knows. So what you have to do is just enjoy life in a good way, as a good person, just enjoy every moment of your life and try to feel good and spread the good around any way that you can. Because if you live your life with a healthy attitude like that all of these questions that we can't really answer about the mysteries of existence, none of that really matters and why do you really have to know anyway?
Isn't the mystery kind of exciting?
Post a Comment